Thursday, October 8, 2020

How Soon Can I Drive My Car After I Get My Windshield Replaced?

drive after windshield replacement

If your windshield cracked during your last ride and you have taken your car to a repair professional to solve the problem, you are probably worried about how soon you can get your car back. Unfortunately, windshield replacement can take a while, but once the replacement windshield is installed, it doesn’t take more than 30 minutes for your car to be driveable again. Here is what to expect of the process:

  • The availability of the replacement windshield – the type of your car will determine the time needed to obtain your replacement windshield. If your car is a classic model or a rarity, it might take several weeks to get the replacement part;
  • The calibration – while the windshields on old cars are practically just sheets of special glass, modern windshields are complex parts that include various sensors, maybe even cameras connected to the car’s onboard computer. If your car uses such a complex windshield, the car’s computer will need to be calibrated to recognize the new windshield – a process that might take some time;
  • The curing – windshields are fitted with quick working adhesives that need about 30 minutes to cure properly. Find out more at https://frwindshields.com/watkins-windshield-replacement-auto-glass-replacement/.

Original Post right here: How Soon Can I Drive My Car After I Get My Windshield Replaced?

No comments:

Post a Comment